1 pound Italian Sausage (sweet, mild, hot variety depending on your preference)
1 cup mushrooms chopped and sauteed
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1 red onion chopped and sauteed
8 large eggs
1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you're feeling that day)
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper to taste
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, brown Italian Sausage and chopped onion and mushrooms for about 5 minutes, or until the sausage is no longer pink. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, oil and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Lightly spray a 12-cupcake pan with oil. Spoon out the sausage/veggie mixture evenly into each cupcake.
5. Ladle the egg mixture over sausage and broccoli.
6. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
You'll want more than one (or 5)!
Like Us on facebook